This is the January-June, 1990 edition of Fourth International, the former quarterly theoretical journal of the International Committee of the Fourth International (ICFI). The publication of this edition marked the half-century assassination of Leon Trotsky, who was murdered by Stalinist agent Ramon Mercader, in his villa in Coyoacan, Mexico on August 20-21, 1940.
In addition to an editorial marking the anniversary and reviewing the historic struggle by Trotsky and the ICFI against Stalinism and Pabloite revisionism, this volume also contained an ICFI statement on the death of Mark Zborowski, a leading GPU agent who helped organize the Stalinist assassination ring.
This book is available for purchase from Mehring Books. Get your copy today.Purchase from Mehring Books
- The story of Mark Zborowski: Stalin’s spy in the Fourth International
- Why US Imperialism Hails Nelson Mandela
- The Crisis in the GDR and the Tasks of the Fourth International
- Following the East German elections: The working class faces sharp attacks
- David North lectures at the Moscow Historical Archival Institute
- A discussion of Marxism with Soviet Students
- Reply to eight questions from a Soviet journalist
- An interview with two Soviet youth
- Interview with a Soviet historian
- Letter to a Soviet youth
- Imperialism Breaks at Its Weakest Link
- The crisis of Stalinism and the perspective of World Socialist Revolution
- Workers Need a Revolutionary Internationalist Program
- Ernest Mandel defends Stalinism
- What next in Czechloslovakia?
- Sri Lankan Trotskyists Commemorate Comrade Keerthi Balasuriya
- Two Years Since the Death of Comrade Keerthi Balasuriya
- On the State Killing of Rohana Wijeweera
- Judge Affirms Findings against Gelfand
- Alan Gelfand’s Statement on Lawsuit against SWP Agents
- After the February Elections: The Lessons of Nicaragua